Year released: 1992
Bucket is the sixth song on the album Beauty by Jeff Mangum. It was written early on when Jeff when 19 years old and still lived in Louisiana.  A studio version of the song was released on the compilation album Periscope: Another Yoyo Compilation, though Jeff has expressed his distaste for this version saying it doesn't really sound like him.  It has rarely been played live. There is also an organ version of this song.
- Album – "Beauty"
- Album – "Unreleased Demo #1" (organ version)
- Album – "Periscope: Another Yoyo Compilation"
- Live – "8/1/96 Knitting Factory, New York, NY"
- Live – "4/23/97 Tokyo Rose, Charlottesville, VA"
- ↑ "This is a really, really early song. I wrote this before I ever left Louisiana." "I wrote that when I was 19." - 4/23/97 Tokyo Rose, Charlottesville, VA
- ↑ "I'm not very happy with because it was recorded in a studio and doesn't sound like me, it's sort of... unfinished. I think everyone has to record at least once outside of their typical environment and realize you can't just walk in and expect things to turn out the way you wanted." - Terrascope Interview July, 1996